A long-time friend and reminisced our college days over coffe yesterday and he’s working now as a stand-up comedian in a couple of bars in L.A. and shared a few laughs and I though I might share them with you. These are kinda non-sense and out there, but hey, in some ways they do make sense, again, in some ways.
1. “You only need two tools – a WD-40 and a duct tape. If it doesn’t move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use a duct tape.”
2. “Remember, everyone seems normal until you get to know them.” This may be true as all of us seem to lead blameless lives and to add, everyone seems to be nice but turn out the other way around.
3. “Never pass an opportunity to go to the bathroom.”
4. “If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.” The chance being getting another opportunity to breathe.
5. “Be really nice to your family and friends; you never know when you might need them to empty your bedpan.” No matter how strong or independent we are, if we get old enough to survive this life, someone had to clean up after our dirts.
Come to think of it, they all do make sense. We tend to take life so seriously we forgot to look take joy on the simplicity of things. I am one of those people, whose time has been eaten on strategies on how to boost the sales and the bills to pay, and how much will be left to save. It’s nice to have a little humor in our lives on a more regular basis.